903-001 - LIFEGUARD (TPT)
|THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION|
Class Title: LIFEGUARD
Pay Range: $12.00- $14.00 per hour
Department: Parks & Recreation - Bureau of Recreation
This is recreation aquatics work in regards to the aquatics program for the City of Allentown pools/spray parks.
Works under the supervision of the Aquatics Manager, Pool Manager, and Head Lifeguard
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in making responsible decisions on all aspects of the pool/spray park operation.
2. Assist in identifying problems and act responsibly to make a decision.
3. All lifeguards must complete three; three hundred yard swims a week.
4. Learn how to use all equipment and complete all paperwork.
5. Complete all daily opening and closing procedures as assigned by the pool supervisors
6. Make sure all equipment is out on the pool deck and operational prior to opening.
7. Scan all required zone of coverage areas.
8. Enforce all facility rules and regulations.
9. Assist in maintaining facility cleanliness.
10. Attendance at work is an essential function of this position.
11. Performs related work as may be required.
12. Provide quality and effective customer service with courtesy and understanding to our customers, citizens and internal departments.
Education and Experience:
(A) Possession of a current valid American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A. Knowledge of water rescue methods and techniques.
B. Knowledge of swimming strokes and aquatic techniques.
C. Knowledge of first aid, CPR, and AED principles and procedures.
D. Skill in swimming, lifeguarding, first aid,CPR and AED.
E. Must have current American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED/Lifeguarding certifications
F. Ability to pass swimming test and swim a minimum of 900 yards per week as required.
G. Ability to exercise tact and judgment in maintaining order and discipline, and in enforcing pool regulations.
H. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with associates, participants and the public.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
" Rescue Tubes
" First Aid Supplies
" General Office Supplies
" Pool Vacuum
" Hair catcher
" Lifeguard Stands
" Water Testing Kit/Supplies
" Programming Supplies/Equipment
" (Spray Features-Cedar, Jordan and Bucky Boyle)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to demonstrate all applicable swimming. CPR/First Aid/AED and Lifeguarding rescue skills.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment varies.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.