225-001 - INTERN
|Class Title: Human Resources Intern|
Compensation: $12.00 per hour (non-Exempt)
Department: Human Resources
To assist in the daily operations of the Department of Human Resources providing clerical and administrative work as required.
Works under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources and other managerial staff as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the daily operations of Human Resources to include providing support to the HR Director, recruitment, benefits and labor relations.
- Supports the development of forms and procedures and assists with administrative tasks.
- Compose and edits documents, correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other material.
- Assist with daily customer service inquiries, including but not limited to answering phones and front desk counter as needed.
- Update internal databases with new employee information like contact details and employment forms.
- Screen resumes and application forms.
- Assist with employee benefit programs and necessary documents.
- Assist with the archival and relocation of files and documents in accordance with document retention requirements.
- Performs other related work as as required.
Education and Experience:
(A) Pursuing Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources management, or a related field preferred.
(B) Possess a valid Pennsylvania driver's license
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(A) General knowledge of employment laws and Human Resources practices.
(B) Effective oral and written communication skills.
(C) Knowledge of office terminology, procedures, and equipment and of business arithmetic and English.
(D) Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
(E) Ability to work independently.
(F) Ability to keep and organize detailed records.
(G) Good judgement, tact, and courtesy.
(H) Ability to understand and follow moderately complex oral and written instructions.
(I) Ability to prioritize work assignments, handle multiple tasks and projects, resulting in work being performed in the most efficient and timely manner.
(J) Excellent problem solving skills.
(K) Ability to maintain confidentiality.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Requires intensive daily use of personal computer, including word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs, telephone, copier, scanner, and other office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Candidates will be required to attend an oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. EOE.